Terms and Conditions for on-demand services:
- All roadside repairs by their nature, are temporary. The onus lies on the customer to ensure his/her vehicle is checked at a service station for any major underlying problems at the earliest. Rescue is not liable to claims arising out of events not in our control.
- By submitting this form, you permit us to contact you via phone call and e-mail to provide a service, follow up on that service and inform you about other relevant products and services we offer. You also permit us to use your information to improve the targeting of our promotional campaigns.
- We are not responsible for delays or non-submission of the form arising out of network issues or unseen disruptions. Please call our 24/7 breakdown helpline +91 9986 500 500 if you don’t receive a call from our associate within 5 minutes of submission.
- Our charges are for breakdown inspection/attendance/diagnosis by the technician. The same charges will still apply if the issue is not fixable on-the-spot (major problems which require repair at a service station) or alternatively, if the issue is not as severe as first thought, after inspection by the technician, and doesn’t require any service.
|Roadside assistance if your vehicle has a breakdown anywhere in Bengaluru city. If we can’t fix your vehicle at the roadside, we’ll tow you to a single destination of your choice.||We won’t cover: The cost of any spare parts / consumables incl. change of tubes, cables etc. If roadside assistance is required before 72 hours of joining/upgrading your membership – the services will be provided on a chargeable basis.|
Towing – Optional
|If we can’t fix your vehicle at the roadside under section A, we’ll tow your vehicle to a single destination of your choice within the city||We won’t tow your vehicle: Within the first 72 hours of joining/upgrading. If towing is required before 72 hours of joining/upgrading your membership – the services will be provided on a chargeable basis.|
Onward Commute – Optional
|If your vehicle has suffered a breakdown which cannot be repaired on road, we will provide you onward commute to your preferred destination.||We won’t cover:
Claims within the first 72 hours of joining/ upgrading. The commute is limited to Rs.300/-.
Vehicle Custody – Optional
|If your vehicle has suffered a breakdown which cannot be repaired on road, we will provide you vehicle custody services to enable you to continue your day.||We won’t cover:
Claims within the first 72 hours of joining/ upgrading. You will have to confirm removing all personal belongings and valuables from the vehicle. We will not be liable for any claims for articles that are missing from vehicle.
Key Recovery – Optional
|If your keys are lost, stolen or broken, we’ll recover the spare key for you from the location specified by you.||We won’t cover:
Claims within the first 72 hours days of joining/ upgrading. The spare key’s location should be within the territory covered by RESCUE.
|If your vehicle breaks down because you don’t have sufficient fuel we will provide you with enough fuel to get you to the nearest pump||We won’t cover:
Cost of Fuel. Claims that occur in the first 72 hours of joining
|If your vehicle breaks down due to a puncture or damage to your tyre, depending on the cover you have chosen, we will repair, or replace the tyre at the roadside, or at the nearest RESCUE approved tyre centre.||We won’t cover: Claims that occur within the first 72 hours of joining/upgrading. Cost of tube/tyre & any specialist equipment required in replacement of tyre/tube.|
Terms and Conditions:
Section A – Roadside Assistance
All memberships include cover for Roadside Assistance as set out in this Section A. The number of claims, which you can make during the membership year, is shown on your membership plans summary.
What is covered
RESCUE memberships provide extensive breakdown cover anywhere in Bangalore when your vehicle breaks down. Should your vehicle break down within area of coverage, your membership benefits will ensure that you are provided services to get you moving. This includes Jumpstarting a dead battery, Replacement of burnt out fuses, fixing starting issues, minor electrical repairs, coolant Replacement/refill, etc. for four wheelers and replacement of snapped cables, repairs to chain & sprockets based issues, cleaning of faulty spark plugs etc. for two wheelers. If we are unable to repair the vehicle at the roadside (within a reasonable time), we will decide, based upon our technical expertise in breakdown situations, either to provide a temporary repair to the broken down vehicle, or transport the broken down vehicle to a destination chosen by you, if you have chosen membership plans covering towing assistance. If we transport the broken down vehicle to a destination of your choice, we will:
- Provide transport for you and up to three passengers of the broken-down vehicle to the chosen destination.
- In addition, we will relay urgent messages from you to a contact of your choice if the vehicle cannot be driven because of a breakdown or road traffic accident.
All repairs are temporary in nature and are done to the best ability of the technician given the conditions on Road – The problem must be rechecked at a services station of repute.
What is not covered
Any breakdown over the call out limit as shown on your membership plans schedule;
- The cost of any parts and consumables required by us to repair the vehicle is not covered under this Section A. If the rescue technician has the required parts you can purchase the relevant parts from us for an additional charge. The part must be paid for in full at the time of the breakdown and before the repair commences.
- If the RESCUE Technician does not have the required spare part, then availability of spare is not assured – It is dependent on availability at shops in and around the breakdown area. If spare part is available – The price of the spare part is beyond our control – we charge you the rate at which we acquire the spare for you.
- Any breakdown resulting from a fault where we have previously provided breakdown cover for that fault:
We consider acting reasonably, that the original fault, including a faulty battery, has not been properly repaired or replaced, by a party other than us; or We advised any member or driver that we had only provided a temporary repair to the fault and further repairs were required and the subsequent breakdown resulted, at least in part, from a failure to carry out these other repairs.
Section B – Towing Assistance
Please refer to your membership plan schedule, which sets out whether the membership includes cover for Towing as set out in this Section B. The number of claims you can make during the membership year & free kilometres is shown on your membership plan schedule. We calculate kilometres from the breakdown location to the drop location as specified by member.
What is covered
Towing applies only if a vehicle has broken down in the territory during the membership period and following a rescue technician attending the breakdown; we are unable to repair the vehicle in accordance with the cover under Section A. We will transport the broken down vehicle to a destination within the territory as chosen by you.
What is not covered
- Towing resulting from any assistance as a result of a breakdown resulting from a fault where we have previously provided breakdown cover for that fault and either: We consider, acting reasonably, that the original fault has not been properly repaired by a party other than us; or We advised any member or driver that we had only provided a temporary repair to the fault and further repairs were required and the subsequent breakdown results, at least in part, from a failure to carry out these further repairs.
- Number of claims & free kilometres that exceeds the number mentioned in your membership plan schedule.
- If the vehicle is parked/ situated in a location where after inspection we conclude our tow trucks cannot reach such spot (for e.g. Basements with low clearances etc.), cost of recovery of your vehicles from such spot to a place where our tow trucks can load your vehicle shall be borne by the member.
- In case of situations where the tow truck is required to wait in a location beyond 30 minutes, we will charge member, Rs.300/- per 30mins as wait charges.
We pay a lot of attention and take a lot of care while towing your vehicle. If due to circumstances beyond our control, there are damages to your vehicle, then RESCUE will not be liable for such damage.
Section C – Onward Commute
Please refer to your membership plan schedule, which sets out whether the membership includes cover for Onward Commute as set out in this Section C. The number of claims you can make during the membership year is shown on your membership plan schedule.
What is covered
Onward Commute applies if a vehicle has broken down in the territory during the membership period and following a rescue technician attending the breakdown; we are unable to repair the vehicle in accordance with the cover under Section A. We will provide you with one of the following benefits to assist you on your onward commute: Alternative transport costs like a taxi or if preferred a public transport of your choice. If the commute was not arranged by RESCUE, then we will reimburse your commute charges up to a maximum of 300/- rupees.
What is not covered
- Onward Commute resulting from any assistance as a result of a breakdown resulting from a fault where we have previously provided breakdown cover for that fault and either:
We consider, acting reasonably, that the original fault has not been properly repaired by a party other than us; or We advised any member or driver that we had only provided a temporary repair to the fault and further repairs were required and the subsequent breakdown results, at least in part, from a failure to carry out these further repairs.
- Onward Commute benefits are up to 300 rupees only. You will have to pay for any additional costs.
- Onward Commute that is not arranged with RESCUE when they are dealing with the breakdown. Transportation cannot be requested later after the RESCUE patrol or the RESCUE technician has left the vehicle.
Section D – Vehicle Custody
Please refer to your membership plan schedule, which sets out whether the membership includes cover for Vehicle Custody as set out in this Section D. The number of claims you can make during the membership year is shown on your membership plan schedule.
What is covered
- Custody applies if a vehicle has broken down in the territory during the membership period and following a rescue technician attending the breakdown; we are unable to repair the vehicle in accordance with the cover under Section A. RESCUE will take custody of your vehicle if the breakdown issue cannot be resolved on site and needs to be towed to a service station of your choice. This enables you to continue on your commute, while a RESCUE technician ensures that your vehicle is safe till the tow truck arrives.
What is not covered
- Custody Service resulting from any assistance as a result of a breakdown resulting from a fault where we have previously provided breakdown cover for that fault and either: We consider, acting reasonably, that the original fault has not been properly repaired by a party other than us; or We advised any member or driver that we had only provided a temporary repair to the fault and further repairs were required and the subsequent breakdown results, at least in part, from a failure to carry out these further repairs.
- You will be required to remove all valuables/ articles from your vehicle & will be asked to sign a disclaimer form. We will not be liable for any claims for articles that are missing from vehicle. We will also not be liable for any damages which may occur to your vehicle due to circumstances/actions beyond our control.
Section E – Key Recovery
Please refer to your membership plan schedule, which sets out whether the membership includes cover for Key Recovery as set out in this Section E.
What is covered
- If during the membership period and in the territory your vehicle key is lost, stolen, broken we will try to recover it. RESCUE will arrange for the pickup and delivery of your spare key to you in the event you have misplaced/ lost your vehicle key. We will attempt forced entry of your vehicle to retrieve keys only if requested/ instructed to, by the owner of the vehicle.
What is not covered
We will not cover:
- Stolen keys that were not reported to the police within 72 hours.
- Key recovery assistance unless member authenticates ownership of vehicle, by producing Registration Certificate of the same. He/she would also have to provide RESCUE with a copy of his/her identity document.
- RESCUE will not be liable for any costs incurred due to forced entry of your vehicle to retrieve keys after being instructed to do so, by the owner of the vehicle. Note: Forced entry may cause severe damage to your vehicle.
Section G – Emergency Fuel Delivery
All memberships include cover for Fuel Delivery Assistance as set out in this Section F. The number of claims, which you can make during the membership year, is shown on your membership plan schedule.
What is covered
RESCUE offers emergency fuel assistance service in the event you are stranded due to an empty fuel tank within the territory. Our 24/7 emergency roadside assistants, will ensure that you get emergency fuel delivered to you at the earliest, during the day or late at night. For Two wheelers – we deliver up to 2 litres of fuel and for Four wheelers, we deliver up to 5litres of fuel, this is to enable you to reach the nearest fuel station.
What is not covered
- Cost of fuel delivered.
- Quantity of fuel exceeding the mentioned amount in the cover membership plan for your vehicle type.
Section G – Tyre Repairs
All memberships include cover for Tyre Repair as set out in this Section G. The number of claims, which you can make during the membership year, is shown on your membership plan schedule.
What is covered
For Four Wheelers – Your punctured tyre will be replaced with your inflated spare. In case your spare tyre is flat then air will be pumped into it to get you moving. When a spare is unavailable, we will attempt to fix your punctured tyre on-spot or at an authorized service outlet. (Charges applicable). If your plan covers puncture fixing, RESCUE will either fix the puncture on spot or carry the tyre to an authorized puncture repair shop to fix the tyre. Any replacement of tube or use of any specialist equipment for the repairs will be charged at actuals For Two Wheelers – Punctures will be repaired on the spot. Both tube and tubeless punctures are covered. Any replacement of tube or use of any specialist equipment for the repairs will be charged at actuals. If the rescue patrol or a rescue technician is unable to repair or replace the tyre on the vehicle at the roadside, we will decide, based upon our technical expertise in breakdown situations to transport the broken down vehicle and you and up to two passengers of the broken down vehicle to our nearest approved tyre network for repair or replacement of the tyre.
What is not covered
We will not cover any costs in respect of:
- usage of spares/tubes other consumables used for the purpose of repairing the tyre.
- incurred as a result of you failing to carry a serviceable spare tyre and wheel or incurred in arranging the removal of a wheel secured by locking wheel nuts when you are unable to provide a serviceable key, appropriate to your vehicle.
- In cases of Jammed/ severely rusted wheel nuts, we will try and open the same with your permission. We will however not be liable for any damages which may occur while attempting to open such nuts.
Please note: Motorised vehicles that are manufactured without the provision of a spare wheel will be considered on their individual merits. Assistance in changing a wheel is covered, subject to you carrying a serviceable spare as specified above. Your cover under all Sections is limited to the maximum amount per claim and the number of claims you can make during the membership year as shown on your membership plan schedule.
Basic Terms & Conditions
RESCUE membership benefits provide extensive cover anywhere in Bangalore when your vehicle breaks down. Should your vehicle break down within area of coverage, your membership benefits will ensure that you are assisted. The membership benefits are available 72 hours after joining and are subject to payment being received by the RESCUE. The terms and conditions of service constitute the agreement between you and the RESCUE – please read them carefully. The following terms and conditions apply to all RESCUE membership schemes, unless otherwise indicated.
RESCUE Services apply to:
Private motorcars and motorcycles purchased after 01/01/2000. The vehicles should be in roadworthy condition. Up to date subscription:
The RESCUE membership is vehicle based and not for the person. RESCUE members’ subscription must be up to date. You must notify us of any change in your address immediately. You can transfer your membership to another vehicle within your current membership year. If you upgrade your membership during the membership year you must pay the full annual fee for the extra services. There are no pro rata rates for additional services added to your membership. If we do not receive payment for an upgrade you have requested, we will not upgrade your membership. Upon renewal of your membership, the services that you will receive will be those set out in the Terms of Membership current at the time of such renewal, irrespective of when you first became a member. Requirements at scene of breakdown:
To qualify for vehicle breakdown assistance benefits, the vehicle should have broken down, the RESCUE member is to authenticate membership details to the person providing the assistance. If this is unavailable we may refuse service or make a charge. We cannot work on the Vehicle if it is unattended. Should any Vehicle be unattended on our arrival, RESCUE will charge you the relevant fee for our service call and any other costs incurred. Vehicle Breakdown Assistance is available anywhere in Bangalore.
If your vehicle has suffered a breakdown we will provide the following:
– A RESCUE technician or contractor to assist you.
– Labour at the roadside.
– If we are unable to repair the vehicle within a reasonable time, or if repairs are unwise, we will take the vehicle to a destination of your choice.
– If you need to leave your vehicle at the garage due to a breakdown which cannot be repaired on road, we will provide you onward commute (upto value of Rs.300/-)
Payment for spare parts:
RESCUE road patrols may not carry spare parts in their vehicles. The member must pay for any parts replaced or purchased by the patrol on the member’s behalf. RESCUE membership coverage:
RESCUE will not cover the cost of vehicle repairs( unless repaired on road), spare parts, charges for the conveyance and collection of spare parts, storage costs, labor charges, overtime charges. RESCUE will also not cover the recovery and transportation of stolen vehicles. If you do not want your vehicle repaired for mechanical, electrical or collision related breakdowns at the RESCUE affiliated repair centre nearest to the point of breakdown or collision, RESCUE will not be held liable for the cost of towing the vehicle for purposes of repairs. RESCUE is not liable to charges for assistance rendered by a private person Cancellation of membership:
As well as levying a fee on service call-outs, RESCUE reserves the right to cancel a membership if it becomes apparent that the member is abusing the roadside assistance service; if the member is using the services fraudulently; if the member’s record, claims warrant such action; or in circumstances deemed necessary by the RESCUE. Refunding membership fees:
RESCUE membership subscription fees are not refundable.
What is not covered:
a. Breakdowns within one km of your home or where you normally keep the vehicle.
b. A second repair assistance if the original fault has not been properly repaired by a third party or if we have advised you that it is a temporary repair. Repeated service calls due to owner/driver/rider /s failure to comply with the repairs/replacement instructions from RESCUE. This exclusion includes repeated service calls for benefits and services already provided for.
c. The use of the breakdown service as a way to avoid repair costs.
d. Towing/ salvaging of vehicle must be arranged at the time of breakdown and cannot be requested later.
e. If there are any domestic animals in your vehicle, their onward transportation is to be taken care by you.
f. Following a breakdown or accident attended by the police, other emergency service, or a Traffic Officer, removal of your vehicle will not take place until the officer concerned have authorised it. If the police, emergency service, or a Traffic Officer concerned insist on immediate recovery by a third party, the cost of this must be met by you.
g. We do not guarantee to carry out the services if we are prevented from doing so in circumstances beyond our reasonable control including, without limitations, the actions of civil or government authorities, third party disputes, internal disputes, unavailability of spares, where we have taken reasonable steps to prevent the effects of such action on our services, but have been unable to do so; acts of God; terrorism or severe weather conditions.
h. We have the right to refuse to give service and/or cancel your membership if you or anyone using your membership behaves in a threatening or abusive way to our employees or contractors.
i. If the service you require is not provided for under these terms, we will try, if you wish, to arrange it at your expense. The terms of any such service are a matter between you and the supplier.
j. We will take all reasonable care in providing our services to you. We will not be responsible for any action or inaction of any other third parties who may provide additional services to you
Liability: a. RESCUE’s liability is limited to a maximum amount of Rs. 20,000/- (4 wheeler), Rs. 10,000/- (2 wheeler) in each twelve-month period of your valid RESCUE membership. If we appoint a third party (including a Contractor) to provide you the services, you authorise us to make such appointment on your behalf and as your agent. Accordingly, you acknowledge and agree that such an appointment shall give rise to a contract or other legal relationship between you and the relevant third party. Your remedy for any act or omission of the third party or any of their employees, agents or sub-contractors shall be against the third party or the relevant employees, agents or sub-contractors and not against us. Except where the law provides otherwise, we shall not have any liability to you in respect of any act or omission of any Contractor or any of its employees, agents or sub-contractors.
b. We do not guarantee to provide you the services in the case of any Event of Force Majeure and any failure to provide the services in such circumstances shall not constitute a breach of this Agreement on Our part.
c. If the service you require is not provided for under this Agreement or is excluded by this Agreement, We will try, if you wish, to arrange it at your expense. We will charge you the applicable fee for our attendance and for the service provided.
d. Any repairs effected to your Vehicle other than at garage premises shall be temporary only and sufficient to enable the Vehicle to journey to the nearest garage and you should have a permanent repair carried out prior to any further use of the Vehicle
4. Battery related faults
For battery related faults your membership entitlements are as follows:
a. Our initial attendance for a battery related fault is included in your membership entitlement. There is no charge for that attendance. b.The fitting of any parts or batteries purchased by you prior to our attendance is not covered. This is to ensure that parts are fitted from reputable sources in order to avoid secondary callouts.
c. Our patrol will test your battery at that initial breakdown attendance. If the battery is no longer serviceable and so fails the test you will be advised to replace it.
d. If you call us out again and we identify the fault as a problem caused by the same battery, you will have to pay an additional charge set by us. This will be advised to you at the time of the callout and such charge will be no less than Rs.250/-.
You will be invoiced separately for any additional charges towards services provided for you. If we do not receive the payment within 14 days of the invoice date your membership will be cancelled.
For our joint protection, telephone calls may be recorded and/or monitored
7. General Exclusions:
a. Any breakdowns that occur during the first 72 hours after you have joined or reinstated your membership.
b. Any breakdown covered under an upgraded membership that occurs during the first 72 hours after you have upgraded your membership.
- Vehicles which were broken down or not roadworthy at the time of joining, upgrading or renewing your membership.
d. Vehicles which have broken down anywhere other than on a public road, or other road or area to which the public have right of access.
- Vehicles which have broken down as a result of taking part in any motor sport event (including, without limitations rallies or stock car racing) which takes place off the road and/or is not subject to the normal rules of the road. However, vehicles participating in any event (such as a treasure hunt, touring assembly or navigational road rally), which take place on, and comply with the normal rules of the road, will be covered.
f. RESCUE will refuse to provide repairs to any vehicle which we suspect is loaded over its legal limit.
Cover shall not include the following:
a. Any costs incurred without our prior consent. All requests for service must be made directly to RESCUE.
b. The cost of draining or removing contaminated fuel. We will arrange for your vehicle to be taken to a nearby garage for assistance, but you will have to pay for the same. Any other recovery may be arranged but you will be liable for additional costs.
c. Specialist equipment costs. We will however arrange for the specialist services if needed, but you will have to pay for any additional costs direct to the contractor.
d. Any costs incurred as a result of you failing to carry a serviceable spare tyre and wheel, or incurred in arranging the removal of a wheel secured by locking wheel nuts when you are unable to provide a serviceable key, appropriate to your vehicle.
Please note: Motorised vehicles that are manufactured without the provision of a spare wheel will be considered on their individual merits. Assistance in changing a wheel is covered, subject to you carrying a serviceable spare as specified above.
e. The cost of a body glass or tyre specialist. We will arrange for your vehicle to be taken to a nearby garage for assistance but you will have to pay for the work carried out on the vehicle. Any other recovery may be arranged but you will be liable for the additional costs, payable directly to the contractor.
f. Vehicle storage charges.
g. If a vehicle has been modified from its original manufacturer’s specifications in such a way that it requires use of specialist equipment, you are liable for charges arising out of use of such specialist equipment.
Abuse of the service:
RESCUE reserves the right to refuse any service or benefit if, in the RESCUE’s opinion, the service is being abused.
a. All disputes subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of Bangalore Courts only.
b. If any provisions of these Terms & Conditions are found to be invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, such provision shall be removed from the remainder of these Terms & Conditions, which will otherwise remain in full force and effect.
Right to amend terms and conditions:
RESCUE reserves the right to amend any of the terms and conditions at its own discretion and at any given time without prior notification to its members.
General Terms & Conditions
- We will not cover any breakdown occurring within the first 72 hours of the member joining or upgrading the membership or changing the vehicle during the membership period where the claim is in respect of the new vehicle; however this 72 hours exclusion period will not apply upon renewal of a membership.
2. Please ensure that you don’t
- Behave inappropriately towards any representative of rescue by, including but not limited to, acting in a threatening or abusive manner, whether verbally or physically.
- Misuse the membership by, including but not limited to, any of the following:
Persuading or attempting to persuade any representative of the rescue into a dishonest or illegal act; False or fraudulent actions or dishonesty or any act or omission which is wilful misuse or unlawful; Omitting to tell us important facts about a breakdown in order to obtain a service that would not otherwise be covered under the membership; Providing false information in order to obtain a service that would not otherwise be covered under the membership; Knowingly allow, or not take reasonable care to prevent, someone not covered by the membership attempting to obtain a service under this membership; or Paying for additional services or goods in the knowledge that the payment has or will fail, with no intention of providing alternative payment. In the event that this condition is not complied with, we will contact you to discuss our concerns and if the concerns are not dealt with within a reasonable time or cannot be dealt with we reserve the right to:
- Restrict the cover available at the next renewal, if you wish to continue the membership with us;
- Restrict the payment methods
- Refuse to provide any services to you under this membership with immediate effect;
- Immediately cancel this membership in accordance with the cancellation provisions; and
We will notify you in writing by email in the event that we decide to take any action outlined above.
3. Changes to your details
- The member must notify us immediately if he or she wants to amend any details relating to the membership including any change to the home address and any change to any member or vehicle to be covered under the membership. We can be contacted on the phone number or at the address set out under ‘How to contact us’.
- Please note if you change your vehicle, you may not be eligible for all the cover on the membership. We will discuss this with you should you need to make a change.
- We will provide the member with a revised membership plan schedule setting out the new details applicable to the membership.
- All communications from our representatives or us shall be deemed duly sent if sent to the member’s last known mailing address/ email address/ text to mobile phone.
Upgrading your membership
- The member can upgrade the membership at any time by contacting us. If the member does upgrade during any membership period he or she must pay the relevant applicable fee for the additional cover. If we do not receive any applicable fee for an upgrade that the member has requested, we will not upgrade the membership or not continue the upgraded membership and the additional services under the applicable section of cover will not be included under the membership with effect from the missed due date for payment.
- The upgraded membership cover will apply from 72 hours following the date detailed on your revised membership plan schedule. This means you will not be able to benefit from the cover until the 72-hour period has expired.
- We will provide the member with a revised membership plan schedule setting out the Sections of cover applicable to the membership and the date from which the upgraded cover has commenced.
Changes to membership terms & conditions
- In addition to our right to review the membership fee and other terms and conditions for membership at the end of the membership period (and for a continuous membership at the end of each membership year), we can make changes to the membership terms and conditions at any time to:
- Respond proportionately to comply with any applicable laws, regulations or the advice or instruction of and regulatory body;
- Reflect new industry guidance and codes which increase the standards required for consumer protection; and/or make the membership terms and conditions clearer and fairer to you.
- If the change disadvantages any member or driver, the member may cancel the membership immediately by contacting us. The member will be entitled to a refund of the fee paid to us subject to a deduction for the period from the start date to the effective date of cancellation of the membership. This will be calculated on a pro- rata basis.
- In order to stay updated to the changes that may be made to our Terms & Conditions, members are advised to keep themselves updated by checking regularly the terms & conditions on our website www.rescuefirst.com
The following exclusions apply to all Sections of this membership. This membership does not cover:
- Any breakdown or request for service occurring within the first 72 hours of the member joining or upgrading the membership, however this 72-hour exclusion period will not apply on renewal of a membership.
- Attendance following a road traffic accident in the territory. If you have had a road traffic accident in the territory and would like us to recover the vehicle we may be able to assist you pursuant to an inspection by the local authorities. We would also require a clearance from such authority before we recover the vehicle for the member.
- Attendance following fire, flood, theft, act of vandalism or any other incident covered by any policy of motor insurance. If you would like us to recover the vehicle following one of these incidents we may be able to assist you pursuant to an inspection by the local authorities. We would also require a clearance from such authority before we recover the vehicle for the member.
- Assistance in a medical emergency;
- Any vehicle that is already at a garage or place of repair;
- = Servicing or assembly of a vehicle;
- Vehicles which have broken down as a result of taking part in any motorsport event or activity which takes place off the public highway (including, without limitation, rallies or stock car racing) and is not subject to the normal rules of the public highway including participation in the city. Vehicles participating in any event which take place on and complies with the normal rules of the public highway (road rally), will not be excluded;
- The transportation of any vehicle that the rescue patrol or rescue technician considers (acting reasonably) is loaded over its legal limit;
- The cost of specialist equipment for any reason (including safely lifting a modified vehicle). We may be able to arrange breakdown and recovery services with specialist equipment if needed for an additional charge. All costs of such services will be payable in advance direct to the rescue technician.
- Any vehicle, which is used for business use;
- Any services or benefits relating to a breakdown that was reported under a different membership to this membership. To receive any services or benefits under this membership, you must have reported the breakdown against this membership; Any costs:
- Incurred without our prior consent. All requests for service must be made directly to us;
- Relating to repairs of wheels, tyres and costs relating to any vehicle spare parts and the costs of sourcing it
- The cost of towing the vehicle if the tow distance exceeds the free kms included in your membership plan.
- Relating to you having failed to carry or having misused any equipment provided by the vehicle manufacturer for the purposes of removing the vehicle, spare tyre and wheel, including but not limited to a key to remove a wheel secured by locking wheel nuts.
- Relating to repairs or replacement to glass in the vehicle (including windscreens). We will arrange the recovery of the vehicle to a nearby garage for assistance, but we will not pay for any replacement glass or pay for the fitting of any glass. You will have to pay for any work carried out on the vehicle. We may be able to arrange the recovery of the vehicle to another location for an additional charge
- Relating to the keys to the vehicle being lost, stolen, broken, or locked in the vehicle unless you have cover under Key Recovery. We will only arrange the recovery of your spare key from your house/office to the spot of breakdown, as long as the spare key is in the territory. If you do not have a spare key, then we will try and attempt a forced entry to the vehicle, only if we receive a written request from the owner of the vehicle requesting us to do the same.
- We will not pay for any losses that are not directly associated with the breakdown or the incident in relation to which a claim is made under this membership.
- We will not provide any service under this membership if we are prevented from doing so in circumstances beyond our reasonable control including, without limitation, an act of terrorism, severe weather conditions, the activities of civil or government authorities, third party industrial disputes or internal industrial disputes. In these circumstances we will take steps to prevent or minimize the effects of such circumstances on our services
- In the event of involvement of an emergency service, we will not remove the vehicle until all emergency services concerned have provided us with authorization. If the emergency services insist on the removal of the vehicle by anyone other than us, we will not meet the cost of the removal; or
- Any claim caused directly or indirectly by you being affected by intoxicating liquors or drugs.
Renewal & Annual Review
- Prior to the end of the membership period we will intimate to the member to confirm whether the membership will be renewed and if so, any changes to the membership fee and the terms and conditions applicable to the membership for the next membership period.
- If the member has authorized us to hold their payment account details on our database, we will automatically renew the membership and collect your fee. If the lead member does not wish us to automatically renew the membership or does not wish us to renew the membership using this payment method, he or she will need to contact us before the renewal date.
- If the member has informed us that he or she does not wish us to automatically renew the membership, or the lead member has not authorized us to hold his or her payment account details, we will not renew the membership and it will expire at the end of the current membership period. If your payment details have changed, we may obtain updated card details from your card provider to enable us to continue to take payment from you with those new details and to continue to provide services to you. Provided the applicable fee is paid within 60 days of the start date of the new membership period, we will renew the membership from the renewal date if the member notifies us that he or she wishes to reinstate the membership.
- We will write to the lead member at least 21 days before the end of each membership year with details of any changes to the fee or other terms and conditions of the membership that will take effect from the start of the next membership year.
- We will continue the membership and collect your fee unless the member does not wish us to continue the membership or does not wish us to use this payment method, in which case the lead member will need to contact us before the end of the current membership year.
- Vehicle Based – covers the named vehicle for use by any driver, possessing a valid driver’s license.
- “Breakdown” is where the vehicle is inoperative and/or has ceased to function as a whole as a result of a mechanical or electric failure. A component failure (e.g. air-conditioning failure) in itself does not constitute a breakdown unless it causes the vehicle to cease to function as a whole.
- “Territory” means the city of Bangalore & such areas covered by RESCUE.
- “Member/You/Your” means the person who is entitled to receive the services under the ‘Vehicle Based’ membership.
- “Membership” means RESCUE membership of roadside breakdown assistance, which is subject to these Terms of Membership.
- “Membership Year” means the period of 12 calendar months commencing on the date you started your membership.
- “Modified Vehicle” mean any vehicle that has been modified from the manufacturer’s specifications in such a way that it requires ‘Specialist Equipment’ for breakdown assistance.
- “Contractor” means a contractor appointed by us to provide certain of the breakdown assistance services under the Membership. “Specialist Equipment” is equipment in our view not carried by RESCUE or RESCUE Contractors.
- “Vehicle” means any vehicle eligible for cover under the membership that meets the specifications set out by RESCUE
“We/Us/Our” means RESCUE.
RESCUE RESERVES THE RIGHT TO AMEND ANY OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AT ITS ON DISCRETION AND AT ANY GIVEN TIME WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE TO ITS MEMBERS. WHEN YOU ENROLL AS A RESCUE MEMBER YOU ARE BOUND BY THESE TERMS & CONDITIONS. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUERIES PLEASE CONTACT 9986500500 (10am to 5 pm, Monday to Friday) or email email@example.com